Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Twofer Tuesday


So I don't know can't remember if I told you internets, but I have a deep dark secret. I love one of the dumbest movies ever made. Never Back Down is one of my all time top 10 films. I've been meaning to make a drinking game out of it for a while but I'm always too entranced by Jake Tyler's struggle to overcome the odds and be a toughguy footballteam and be all good looking at a new school and his daddy drank too much and hasn't practiced drunk drivingenough.


I know what you're thinking. WOW. Just wow. It looks incredible, well guess what? It is. MMA was becoming the hottest new thing since the Razor scooter and all the kids were clamoring for Tapout Tees and Xyience energy drinks until the hollywood machine finally gave them what they wanted. What The Princess Bride did for fencing and that guy from ER, this movie did for Mixed Martial Arts and Jake Tyler. Real talk though, I have been making fun of this movie for so long I have come to love it.


I recently found out that a sequel has snuck its way out directly to DVD (lol remember when that meant it would be at Blockbuster?) and there are some important things you need to know about this gem (no I have not seen it yet):
  • Jake Tyler isn't in it, well not the original Jake Tyler anyway. I'm not sure if they're fronting like this new cat is him or not
  • Where is my Baja? Not only is she a delicious flavor of Gordita at Taco Bell, but she was also very easy on the eyes.
  • Hell Yea the nerdy friend guy from Kickass is in this one too, much like that same sheriff guy was in all the Critters movies but none of the other "stars" (snicker) stuck around for such celluloid gold as Critters 4.
  • I worked on a project with two guys that were grips on this movie and i totally geeked out when i found out, stay tuned for a probable interview or at least HotDamns endorsement from said guys.
BONUS: A picture of my name in the credits of Top Chef : Just Desserts 2

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment